My name is Deon, the Reputation Go-to Guy.
For the past 25 years, Reputation has been my business, and my passion.
I speak about it, provide training and consult widely to countries, cities, industries, professions, corporate institutions, businesses and individuals on how to build, sustain and protect their reputations.
Working with clients in all industries in the private and public sectors, I have provided strategic counsel and services in 17 countries the past 25 years.
Services that have included Reputation, Communication, and Crises Management related training, chairing meetings, delivering keynotes at global and national conferences and at in-house strategic events.
I am known for my hard-hitting, well researched, topical, entertaining messages and insights on business and personal reputation. I challenge and educate management teams on why Reputation is their most important asset and yet, most dangerous risk.
Here then is a summary of who I am.
- 25 years Independent Advisor, Keynote Speaker, and Training Facilitator focusing on Reputation Management, Reputation Risk Mitigation, Crisis Leadership, OD (Organizational Behavior), Corporate Governance & Reputation Protection Matters.
- Experienced Strategic Crisis Counselor & Communication Adviser. Adviser to the South African Government Census 2011 and clients at the World Cup Soccer tournament. Have trained management teams in crisis and issues management in countries such as China, Australia, Malaysia, and Southern Africa.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act Inspection Authority Auditor and the Lead Trainer for Health & Safety for Scott-Safe, an ISO 9000:2018 Legal Compliance company for the past 24 years. 7 years of Military Medical Services experience. SAMTRAC & ITIS qualified.
- Professional Trainer in Stakeholder Reputation Risk & Relationship Management and Corporate Governance since 2005.
- Experienced OD and Management Development Consultant and Trainer with many OD (Organizational Development) diverse consulting assignment experience.
- Consultancy Marketing trainer for the past 23 years facilitating a program called “How to Market your Consulting Practice”. Featured in the book The Advice Business: Essential Tools and Models for Management Consulting (Prentice Hall).
- Published writer in numerous international and local publications as an expert on Reputation Management.
- Qualified and Certified in Public Relations, Occupational Health & Safety, Corporate Governance, Social Media Marketing, and related disciplines. A Firm believer in ongoing learning – has completed more than 55 short training courses.
What I bring to the table:
Superb Platform Skills
I have spoken and facilitated at more than 125 events in 17 countries in the past 24 years, addressing audiences about Reputation related matters at events such as the Global Conference of the Institute of Internal Auditors and at four national conferences of the IIA as well as four of the Compliance Institute of Southern Africa – asked back by popular demand – mostly on Reputation Risk.
In 2017, I was one of only four invited keynote speakers at the BCI 2017, the world’s largest conference on Business Continuity held in London. I have also spoken at the World’s largest Conference on Sustainable Investment.
Organizers and meeting attendees endorse and highly rate my speaking services and I am renowned for working with my clients to achieve favorable outcomes. See list of endorsements.
Extensive Management Training, Lecturing and Facilitation Experience
I facilitate a wide range of my own training seminars, courses and workshops covering subjects such as Managing Reputation, Mitigating Reputation Risk, Stakeholder Reputation Management, Corporate Governance, Crisis Leadership, Issues Management, Social Media Marketing as well as Consulting Services Marketing.
I have facilitated on selected Senior Management Development programs at the GIBS – The Gordon Institute of Business Science on subjects such as Stakeholder & Relationship Management.
I have trained more than 800 executives in Stakeholder Reputation Management since 2006 and have facilitated Health & Safety training for more than 20 years on behalf of Scott-Safe, an ISO 9001:2018 OHASA Compliance company, training managers in Health & Safety related matters.
Check out the endorsements of my training by international and local delegates and clients..
Extensive Reputation and Crisis Management Consulting Experience
I have provided advice on a wide range of corporate reputation and crisis management matters inc. life safety crises and recalls, reputation risk and stakeholder issues including:
- Providing Strategic Advice to Statistics SA during the 2011 South African Census (The count of more than 53 million citizens) before, during and after the project;
- Providing Strategic Advice and crisis plan simulation training for ATNS – Air Traffic Navigation Services during the Soccer World Cup – which was SA’s biggest sporting tournament to date (same scale as the Olympics);
- Providing Strategic Advice to SA’s largest telecommunications company Vodacom on how to develop and embed a reputation risk profile dimension into their Enterprise Wide Risk Management system
- Providing continuous input into the management of Life Safety crises- consulting to Scott-Safe
Since 1977, I have had many articles published in trade, business and consumer publications and on websites; some of these with a focus on public relations or other professional topics, while others address topical issues of the day.
I have written a chapter on Consultancy Marketing published by Prentice Hall in Professor Charles Fombrun and Mark D. Nevins book – The Advice Business: Essential Tools and Models for Management Consulting and I am the editor of my own newsletter, Powerlines – a Newsletter on Strategic Reputation insights which is read by more than 16, 000 international and local readers.
Read the Thought Leadership Endorsements by international and local experts of my work and conduct.
I am multiskilled, a life-long learner, a voracious reader and a graduate of Henley Management College (UK) and the Graduate Institute of Management and Technology and the Nelson Mandela University and hold qualifications in:
- Public Relations,
- Strategic Management,
- Strategic Human Resources Management,
- Occupational Health and Safety and
- Governance, Risk, and Ethics.
I have attended and completed more than fifty short courses ranging from NLP to critical thinking subjects and pride myself on my uncanny ability to stay up to date and informed about the latest issues and developments.
My Past Career
Prior to my solo career, I worked as an Organizational Development Consultant and as a Corporate Affairs and Training Adviser to small businesses. I served in the South African Medical Services (Armed Forces) as a medical instructor and management support staff member at a variety of locations, including the Institute for Aviation Medicine.
To contact me – I am easy to get in touch with. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call me on my Mobile +27 083 4254318, Tweet me on @deonbinneman or Skype me – deonbin, or connect with me via various social networks.
I look forward to helping and sharing learning experiences with you.