Date: 14 January 2021
THIS IS A VIRTUAL – Online Interactive Course (09h00 – 12h30, then 13h-16h00) GMT+2 (CAT). Training will be done via Microsoft Teams.
Learn How to Market Your Knowledge, Expertise, and Services
This constantly updated Masterclass is based on more than 25 years of international and local research among consultants, professional service providers, and takes an in-depth look at what works and doesn’t work in professional services and consulting marketing.
It incorporates the latest thinking on social media networking and inbound marketing and will enable you to strategize and develop a dynamic marketing plan of action for your practice.
Why You Should Attend This Training
The How To Market Your Consulting Practice Masterclass will help you to become a “rainmaker” and help you to market a consulting and professional practice and its professional services and expertise successfully, cost-effectively, and elegantly, helping you – saving you time and money.
Please Consult the Event Calendar Page for scheduled and future dates.
Who should attend?
- Independent Consultants;
- Business Practice Owners and Development Managers;
- Business Developers;
- Professional Service Providers;
- People who are required to become rainmakers especially freelancers;
- People interested in growing their practices, their thought leadership, and improving their knowledge of professional consulting marketing strategies.
What You Will Learn (Outcomes)
You will learn the latest practice building, lead generation, and professional services marketing techniques from the best in the industry and will learn ways to incorporate them into your very own professional practice marketing plans.
If you are of the opinion that you can always learn better ways to market and sell your professional and consulting expertise and services, then this Masterclass is for you.
On the Agenda
- Overview of the latest research – What works and does not work in consulting and professional services marketing;
- What it takes to become a Rainmaker – The transition from specialist to Income Producer. (The Merriam‑Webster dictionary defines the word “Rainmaker” as a person (as a partner in a law firm for example) who brings in new business; also: a person whose influence can initiate progress or ensure success);
- Why you need to become like a magnet – Learn how to draw customers to your offering by positioning yourself as a thought leader and an expert;
- Key Concepts – the Importance of Status & Credibility – Why Reputation is your stock in trade; Why you need to become known as a trusted advisor, build your reputation, and create a name for yourself using tools such as reputation, social media, and name recognition strategies;
- How to package your knowledge, expertise, and services using models such as the FAB Analysis Model: Features, Advantages, and Benefits;
- Consulting Marketing Models for Growth including Seed planting, the Opportunity Mindset, inbound versus outbound techniques, finding new opportunities to capitalize on your knowledge, skills, and expertise irrespective of economic circumstances, How to think like a marketer, and spot opportunities to enhance your own brand and sell your services and expertise;
- How to use more than 23 low cost/free methods to promote and gain professional exposure, visibility, and name recognition;
- How to secure an endless stream of clients – Learn how to generate leads using methods such as Buyer personas, the Database Ladder of Loyalty Model, Old Client Regeneration and getting more and better referral business;
- Tips on How to write a Growth Marketing plan using technology such as Trello, CRM systems, Slack, and other apps;
- How to price services for maximum profit and income;
- How to model, incorporate and integrate the latest techniques and tips gleaned from successful consultants and international authors into your marketing efforts;
- How to incorporate and optimize your use of Social Media using Inbound Marketing techniques, Content Generation, Storytelling, Blogging, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to reach other influencers, thought leaders, and stakeholders and position your expertise and products; and, much more.
Handouts and exercises will get you thoroughly involved in the planning process, creating a fast-paced Online Masterclass! This is training at which you will learn skills, tips, and nuggets of wisdom that will enable your marketing efforts to become even more impactful.
When and Where
DATE: 14 January 2021 – Please Consult the Event Calendar Page for scheduled dates in 2021.
Format: Virtual Interactive webinar format.
TIME: Register from 8.45 am from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Fees (Terms and Conditions apply)
- R1950 excl. VAT per person payable not later than Friday 8 January 2021.
Payment can be made via EFT, PayPal, or PayFast Gateway options.
Fees include lunch, refreshments, and documentation.
Please click on the link – How to Register. Then follow the instructions.
This Masterclass Comes Highly Recommended
Kathleen Henry Marketing Manager:
I attended Deon Binneman’s ‘Market your Practice’ course and found it a fantastic experience. It was very stimulating and interesting to learn from all the other delegates and to have healthy and intelligent discussions on various issues with marketing and PR. I have a formal background in PR and Marketing and learned some great new techniques and ideas from Deon. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn some excellent tips on how to market your business in this new economy. Deon – Thanks again for a great course!
Ashley Truscott – Head of Marketing at BDO South Africa:
Early in 2011, I attended a course of Deon’s on “How to marketing your consulting practice”. He presented some interesting and valuable ideas, many of which I have implemented for my own consultancy – with good results. The one day course was interactive and informative and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who runs their own small professional consultancy and who needs to raise their profile in order to grow their business.
Arno Wakfer CA (SA) – Ex-CFO:
I attended a great workshop yesterday hosted by Deon Binneman on how to market your consulting practice. Suggest you attend as it is good value for money taking into account the valuable insights you get from his 19 years of experience. It is not just theory you walk away but with tools, best practice methodologies, and practical examples. I found Deon to be a very pleasant person with a good sense of humor. He has extensive experience and knowledge in his field of reputation risk management and marketing. He is practical in his teaching and you can see that he loves to impart and share his knowledge with his audience. He is one of those guys that has a personal story for every lesson. Having met Deon and knowing his reputation I would highly recommend his services. I would most definitely attend his future courses as they are good value for money and would gladly work with him if the opportunity arose.
Kay Darbourn, Future Risk Coaching, and Consulting:
Deon – many thanks for the workshop and for your “giving” – greatly appreciated
Kenny Moahi, NDip. (Civil) │DIRECTOR – ARQ:
Thank you so much for the exciting and engaging seminar on Friday
Heron van der Westhuizen. MDCC:
Lasting relationships were made in a time frame of only a few hours. Deon your skill of setting the environment for this to happen, is, in my opinion, priceless, well done
Corrie Mulder, Organisation Renewal Agency:
Deon, Just to thank you for the delightful, informative and pleasant program. I enjoyed the interaction and am implementing like hell. I will keep in contact and will be taking you up on some of the offers and ideas in the class, but for now, I will first do what I can and then refine and ask.
Kobus Hanekom, head of Sanlam’s Employee Benefits Consulting unit:
“Deon, I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop on “Marketing your Practice”. We have learned a lot and have been able to adjust our plans and strategies based on fresh information that you have provided us with. Many thanks.
Heidi Nestler, Relationship and Life Quality Consultant:
Thank you again for a stimulating and inspiring day workshop. What I liked best about the workshop: Your generosity and enthusiasm much appreciated. Useful input that I could use or adapt to my own practice needs. Affirmation of what I already do, and encouragement to try new “tricks” or establish good habits. Useful terminology and mind-shifts, an affirmation of the idea of helping people without implying “welfare” or weakness. Experiential “thinking” exercise sheets very helpful. Venue very comfortable, and easily accessible for me from Sandton
Dr Renate Volpe:
“Thanks for the workshop. I enjoyed it. Did the work I came to do – the Main benefit was to get running time out of existing initiatives in the company and confirming my strong relationship bent. I strongly identify with your business philosophy of collaboration and abundance“.
Dalu Cele – Managing Director at Ndosi Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd:
Deon is an exceptional trainer, speaker and reputation specialist, I gained extensive information and understanding through my interaction with him during the Marketing Your Consulting business workshop. I would recommend Deon to any business that wants to advance its own stakeholder management and reputation
Leanne Pinnock – The IQ Business Group:
I found the course very insightful. For me, one of the greatest benefits I received was to interact with others in similar positions, facing similar challenges, facilitated by an expert. Where else can you get that? Certainly not at a marketing conference or exhibition, not in a lecture situation nor through online forums (people are concerned about confidentiality). This is one area where I think you could potentially market the course. Thanks for a great session.
Magda Naude, Communication Consultant (Then Head: Corporate Communication, SA Medical Association):
The workshop was great and I feel quite inspired! It was nice meeting you all and hearing your ideas and experiences. The workshop exceeded my expectations. I hope to customize all the tips and ideas into my own venture.
Petra Krugel, Business Development Manager, Turner & Townsend:
Thanks for a very informative course. When you’re constantly working in marketing you tend to get into a routine and sometimes you need a ‘refresher’ to refocus on getting the best results. A few times during the day I got the feeling that I needed to kick myself for having lost direction. I loved your analogy of the funnel – Wendy Evans called it the barge approach and uses the 90-day call cycle. I know it works, yet I stopped doing it. I started it again this morning, and it was so easy to make those few calls. I will be presenting this to our sector leaders and I hope I can do justice to your course.
Nicci Columbine -Communications Consultant:
Dear Deon, Just a note to express how beneficial I found your workshop on Marketing your Consulting Practice today. Not only was it very professional, but it was the most comprehensive event of its kind that I have attended. The topics covered virtually every aspect and application that a consulting service provider should consider ensuring that their business is effectively positioned and promoted within its relevant spheres of influence. I particularly found the anecdotes and case studies that you shared with us helped us to contextualize the learning and relate to the challenges that I have encountered in my own business development.
Food for Thought
Anthony Robbins in his book “Unlimited Power” speaks of the concept of modelling i.e.” To become successful, you need to model yourself on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of successful people…By role modelling them you can shorten the very expensive learning curve and become successful far quicker yourself. Researchers in systems thinking speak again about leverage points – those small, well-focused actions that can, when used at the right time and in the right place, produce significant, lasting benefits exponentially beyond the effort required to take the action step itself.
In the book “High Income Consulting” by Tom Lambert, the author has the following to say: “The so-called window of opportunity is open only briefly as an organization’s priorities change. When a potential client recognizes the need for services that you supply, yours must be the name they know. Your marketing, therefore, must be CONSISTENT and INDIRECT, aimed specifically at making you well known to ALL your prospective clients”.
Marketing by definition is a system implying that it should cover all of the above. You have to find methods that will work for you in the long term and in the short term, using vehicles ranging from public speaking engagements to suitable audiences to being listed in directories.
Join us for an interesting dynamic learning experience. Remember that even small changes can affect your marketing and reputation building efforts in a powerful manner.
Please Consult the Event Calendar Page for scheduled dates.
Learn How to Market Your Knowledge, Expertise, and Services