The kit now includes the Real-time Crisis Management 2-day training course for in-house facilitation.
- Ever been asked to write and develop a Crisis plan or a Crisis Communication plan for your organization or a client?
- Ever been asked to train your Crisis Team members in the Art and Science of Crisis Leadership?
When a crisis strikes, how you and your team act in the first few minutes determines the final outcome. Planning and preparing for the unthinkable and inevitable is vital for those businesses and leaders who want to protect their reputations, no matter what happens.
Two thoughts can guide us in this process, the words stated by Benjamin Disraeli “What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least, generally happens”, and the fact that Noah built the Ark days before it rained.
Numerous crises ranging from Pandemics to Product Recalls to Carnage (bombings and explosions) have again highlighted the importance for businesses to be better prepared.
Crises management is defined as the ability of an organization to deal quickly, efficiently, and effectively with contingency operations with the goal of reducing the threat to human health and safety, the loss of public or corporate property, adverse impact on normal Business continuance, and damage to its good name – its Reputation.
Years and years of experience have proven that the companies who cope the best with crises of all kinds are those who are prepared to deal with the hand of fate. Those companies who have set in motion processes to minimize potential crises. Companies who cope successfully with crises are normally companies that have a predetermined plan of action including communication response plans.
This toolkit helps you to create a practical crisis management and crisis communication response plan taking into consideration the urgency of communication and information flow in an interconnected world.
It equips and prepares you to be a crisis leader i.e. a person who understands both the art and science of crisis response, has the competencies (knowledge, skills, and attitude) to lead an organization in a time of duress and take the appropriate action under the circumstances.
It consists of a Crisis Planning Toolkit and the Training Materials of the Real-Time Crisis Management course.
It offers the following distinct benefits:
The Ability and Insight To Write a Practical Crisis Plan
Research has clearly shown that organizations that prepare for the inevitable crisis perform far better than those who did not plan in advance.
The knowledge on how to write a crisis plan is invaluable and this toolkit provides essential advice and tips to write a comprehensive DIY Crisis plan for any business.
It includes examples of plans and various templates to assist you to write your own DIY Crisis Plan for your business.
It also serves as a useful benchmark where plans already exist, as it may reveal potential gaps.
The Ability to Train Crisis Team Members
The toolkit includes all course materials of the Real-Time Crisis Communication training course. This training material can be used to equip members of the Crisis team with relevant competencies (knowledge, attitudes, and skills) so that they can make better decisions to protect the organization’s reputation and continuity.
The Contents of The Toolkit
This toolkit contains useful information such as the following:
- Questionnaires and checklists to prompt thinking processes whilst planning and preparing Crisis plans;
- Various guidelines and tip sheets including advice on How to deal with the Media during a crisis;
- Suggested forms for tracking issues and incidents in a crisis;
- The Real-Time Crisis Communication Course materials (PowerPoint presentation and handouts). These materials can be customized for internal training and information sharing use with the Board, executives and staff to raise Crisis awareness and know-how;
- A 40-page Crisis Management & Communication Response Plan Template;
- Guidelines on What and How to Communicate in a Crisis;
- Various Plan template examples including a Life-Safety, Emergency Response, Social Media and a Product Recall plan
Completing the various templates and doing the included exercises will empower the writer, management and business owners to produce a blueprint for how the business will respond to crisis and crisis communication challenges.
‘If you have an emergency situation that needs to be dealt with, the last thing you want to be doing is worrying about how to keep all your stakeholders informed and the media out exactly how they’d inform people if a crisis occurred.’
The benefits of the toolkit include:
- Planning and development of a DIY plan instead of employing outside professionals at the outset of such a project.
- Many organizations do not have the capacity to have a full-time Crisis Manager position but that does not absolve them of the necessity of planning for dealing with the hand of fate. Today stakeholders of an organization expect an organization to be ready to deal with all calamities as well as the unique communication challenges that these situations bring. But in many organizations plans exist in various forms and guises. Plans exist as Disaster Recovery (IT related), Business Continuity, Occupational Health & Safety & Emergency Response Plans, and Communication Response plans (PR/Communication). Sometimes these plans are coordinated, sometimes they are not. This toolkit helps to integrate various plans in an overall crisis management response plan for the organization.
- Self- Study. The toolkit is a tremendous aid for those who want to bring themselves up to speed with the latest development in crisis management thinking & crisis communication response. The kit contains a complete training course including PowerPoint presentations with leaders guide notes prepared and facilitated by Deon Binneman the past 23 years.
- Train-the-Trainer. With the materials on hand, you can educate and train your crisis team members in the Art and Science of Crisis management leadership and communication.
- Benchmarking – What works? What does not? What does international best practice and experience teach us? The DIY Toolkit is a useful product that you can use to see if your plans stand up against the best practices.
The actual process of emergency planning and crisis communication management is a vital one if companies want to safeguard their assets, minimize their risks and uphold their hard-earned reputation.
POA – The toolkit is in a PDF and PowerPoint Format can be e-mailed to customers.
You may place your order via e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (011) 475-3515.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices are in ZAR (Rand), exclude VAT and are valid for 30 days only.
- The material will be delivered electronically to a designated contact within your organization upon placement of your order and will be available for internal use within the purchasing entity only. Alternatively, the toolkit can be delivered to you in a CD format via a courier.
- Payment terms are strictly 5 days from the date of the invoice unless otherwise stated.
1. Once payment notification is received through either a faxed deposit slip or direct bank notification the documents will be sent or delivered to you.