New Date: 16 – 17 January in Johannesburg. Venue – Hotel Apollo, Randburg.
EARLY BIRD Booking – R5643 VAT inclusive – a saving of R3000. Offer available until close of business Thursday 15 December.
Stakeholder Management has been described as Strategic Management at its finest. This acclaimed 2 – day Master class provides delegates with a thorough grounding in Stakeholder & Reputation Management.
Since its inception in 2006, the Stakeholder Reputation course has received many accolades and became established as a must-attend course for stakeholder managers looking to gain best practices about stakeholder management and building company reputation. It has been attended by more than 800 senior executives and managers from Government and Industry.
Why you should attend this event
A company’s reputation is its most important asset and yet, also its biggest risk. International studies show that as much as 63% of the market value of an organization can be attributable to its reputation. Current studies by Aon and Deloitte rate Reputation Risk as the Nr. 1 risk in the world.
An Organization derives its reputation from the way it’s performance, actions and behavior is perceived by stakeholders. Stakeholders perceptions influence stakeholder decisions and actions and are in turn influenced by the relationship building, communication and engagement practices of an organization.
To develop and build reputational capital organizations should pay careful attention to perceptions and how they manage the relationships with their various stakeholders.
In order to effectively manage the interface between an organisation and its stakeholders a number of issues have to be taken care of, including the following:
- Stakeholder profiling – Who are our stakeholders and what do they want and need?
- Objectives – What do we want from and need from our stakeholders?
- What strategies do we need to put in place to satisfy these needs and wants and create long term collaborative relationships?
- What processes do we need to put in place to enable us to execute our strategies?
- What capabilities do we need to put in place to make these processes work?
This unique two day program is designed to show business leaders and managers how to establish an excellent reputation with; and maintain positive, mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders. It offers an integrated framework for managing stakeholder management relationships, as well as practical tools that can be used for developing and improving existing relationships.
The underlying premise for this training seminar is an amalgamation of the latest thinking derived from reputation management practices, strategic communication, community relations, marketing, stakeholder management, organisational behaviour, sustainability, and corporate social investment literature.
Any organization that wants to enhance its reputation amongst its stakeholders will have to address the following strategic questions:
- Who are our stakeholders?
- What are our stakeholders’ stakes?
- What opportunities and challenges do stakeholders present?
- What economic, legal, ethical, and social responsibilities does our organization have towards our various stakeholders?
- What strategies or actions should we take to best manage stakeholder challenges and opportunities?
- Do you have a system for managing relationships with stakeholders?
- How do you measure results? What metrics do you use to assess and gauge stakeholder relationships?
- In a crisis how quickly can you communicate with your relevant stakeholders?
- Do you know the various methods to engage with stakeholders and when not to use it?
- Can you state how much you are spending on each stakeholder group and what your ROI is?
- Have you developed a set of rules and practices on how best to manage the process of building stakeholder reputation with each stakeholder group?
The training seminar provides guidance on how to develop and implement a stakeholder reputation management system, comply with Section 8 of the King Code 3 Guidelines on Corporate Governance and includes a dedicated look at communication, engagement, relationship building and reputation enhancement practices.
“Any organization that values its good name, will proactively build and manage relationships with its key stakeholders. Many believe they do, but research often shows gaps and opportunities for strengthening the ties that binds organizations and stakeholders together,” said Deon Binneman, the course facilitator. This course offers opportunities to strengthen those ties.
What You Will Learn
- The Business Case for Effective Stakeholder Reputation Management and enhanced relationships;
- The danger of Stakeholder Reputation Risk and the opportunities, pitfalls and potential disasters in dealing with stakeholders;
- The What, How, Why and Benefits of effective stakeholder reputation management;
- Stakeholder Identification, Profiling, Mapping & Research – The identification of key stakeholders inc. how to determine which groups or persons are vital and under which circumstances;
- Why and How to comply with the King Code 3 of Corporate Governance (Section 8) and lay the foundation for a more stakeholder inclusive approach as recommended in the new King Code 4 draft;
- How to identify stakeholders’ needs, issues and concerns inc. how to deal with the overwhelming demands and expectations of stakeholders;
- Stakeholder assessment, measurement and reporting including the criteria for the measurement and evaluation of success in managing reputation and relationships;
- New stakeholder Developments – Shifts in Stakeholder Thinking (From show me to prove it);
- The Dynamics of Stakeholder Relationships – Why build collaborative stakeholder relationships?
- A Guide to fostering Stakeholder Relationships – Building and Leveraging Long-term relationships.
- Stakeholder prioritisation – How do you decide who to favour in a crisis?
- A Model for Corporate- Stakeholder Relations;
- The Rules and Tools of Stakeholder engagement: What works – and how to overcome conflicting agendas and promote a consistent, open, balanced dialogue;
- Stakeholder listening, feedback & inclusion methods inc. How to involve stakeholders in decision making processes
- Developing a robust Stakeholder Strategy, engagement & communications plan;
- Managing specific stakeholders expectations and issues – Customers, Investors, Suppliers, Employees, the Media, Activists and Governments;
- Exploring ways to enhance relationships with various stakeholders – targeting the media (organised and unorganised), employees, customers, suppliers, government, digital communities and activists;
- How to embed Stakeholder & Reputation Management thinking in the culture of an organization;
- International Stakeholder and reputation management best practices from around the Globe.
Book your place on this practical & informative training seminar today by sending either an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 27 011 4753515 or 083 4254318 or downloading the registration form.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
This course is ideal for those executives and managers responsible for managing corporate reputation and business relationships as a strategic resource.
The target audience is any business leader or manager that needs to positively influence the relationships with stakeholders. Typically this course will be of particular interest to those responsible for:
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Communications & Branding
- Public Relations & Media Relations
- Investor and Stakeholder Relations
- Corporate & Public Affairs
- Marketing, Advertising & Communications
- Organisational Development & Change Management
- Community Relations & Customer Service
- Marketing, Customer Service, Channel and Supply Chain Management
- HR & other staff experts responsible for relationship management with internal stakeholders
- CEO’s, CFO’s, Executives and Managers who are required to handle reputation and stakeholder matters
Read – Why this Master Class comes highly recommended
The event will be led by international speaker and reputation management consultant Deon Binneman.
Event Pricing Terms and Conditions apply)
- Cash/ Early Bird price: R6042 VAT inclusive (R5300 plus VAT) (Claim back fee from your organization and save R3021 for your organization)
- R7950 exc. VAT per delegate (Payable within 5 days of date of invoice)
- R9950 exc. VAT per delegate (Pricing for Organizations whose payment terms exceed 5 days and/or database registration – See T & C’s)
- R6150 exc. VAT per delegate – NGO’s and Associations
- R6750 exc. VAT per person for three delegates . Register 3 delegates and the 4th delegate attend free of charge.
Early Bird discounts may be available on promotion. Look out for a promotional Code or offer. The course fee is inclusive of the event proceedings, materials, refreshments and lunches.
How to Register:
- Download Brochure, the Registration form and Terms and Conditions, complete documents and return it ASAP to info (at) deonbinneman.com to secure your seat – Upon the completion and receipt of the registration form and T & C’s a confirmation letter and invoice will be sent;
- Payment must be received PRIOR to attendance. Payment is due immediately upon invoice being issued unless use is made of the differentiated pricing structure. Registration is not complete until full payment has been received unless otherwise arranged. Only delegates that have made full payment will be admitted to the event.
If you are interested to attend, please note that places are on a first come, first-served reserved basis as only a limited number of participants are accommodated each time. T & C’s apply.