Stakeholder Management has been described as Strategic Management at its finest. This acclaimed 2 – day Master class provides delegates with a thorough grounding in Stakeholder & Reputation Management.
Since its inception in 2006, the Stakeholder Reputation course has received many accolades and became established as a must-attend course for stakeholder managers looking to gain best practices about stakeholder management and building company reputation. It has been attended by more than 800 senior executives and managers from Government and Industry.
Why you should attend this event
A company’s reputation is its most important asset and yet, also its biggest risk. International studies show that as much as 63% of the market value of an organization can be attributable to its reputation. Current studies by Aon and Deloitte rate Reputation Risk as the Nr. 1 risk in the world.
An Organization derives its reputation from the way it’s performance, actions and behavior is perceived by stakeholders. Stakeholders perceptions influence stakeholder decisions and actions and are in turn influenced by the relationship building, communication and engagement practices of an organization.
To develop and build reputational capital organizations should pay careful attention to perceptions and how they manage the relationships with their various stakeholders. This 2 day training course provides essential best practice learning in this subject and provides delegates with a structured approach to manage stakeholder relations with intent to build and impact an organisation’s most important asset and biggest risk.
Any organization that wants to enhance its reputation amongst its stakeholders will have to address the following strategic questions:
- Who are our stakeholders?
- What are our stakeholders’ stakes?
- What opportunities and challenges do stakeholders present?
- What economic, legal, ethical, and social responsibilities does our organization have towards our various stakeholders?
- What strategies or actions should we take to best manage stakeholder challenges and opportunities?
- Do you have a system for managing relationships with stakeholders?
- How do you measure results? What metrics do you use to assess and gauge stakeholder relationships?
- In a crisis how quickly can you communicate with your relevant stakeholders?
- Do you know the various methods to engage with stakeholders and when not to use it?
- Can you state how much you are spending on each stakeholder group and what your ROI is?
- Have you developed a set of rules and practices on how best to manage the process of building stakeholder reputation with each stakeholder group?
Based on a synthesis of ideas from community relations, marketing, strategic communication, reputation and stakeholder management, organizational change, sustainability and CSI thinking, this course offers an integrated framework, as well as practical tools for developing new kinds of collaborative relationships. It takes the delegate from theory to practice, offering the opportunity to question and answer the above-mentioned questions and pre-plan for better reputation management practices and stakeholder management in their organization.
It provides guidance on how to develop and implement a stakeholder reputation management system, comply with Section 8 of the King Code 3 Guidelines on Corporate Governance and includes a dedicated look at communication, engagement, relationship building and reputation enhancement practices. The course shows business leaders and managers how to establish and maintain positive, mutually beneficial collaborative stakeholder relationships.
“Any organization that values its good name, will proactively build and manage relationships with its key stakeholders. Many believe they do, but research often shows gaps and opportunities for strengthening the ties that binds organizations and stakeholders together,” said Deon Binneman, the course facilitator. This course offers opportunities to strengthen those ties.
What You Will Learn
- The Business Case for and Benefits of Effective Stakeholder Management and enhanced relationships;
- The What, How and Why of effective stakeholder reputation management;
- How Stakeholder Reputation manifests and is derived from the way an organization is perceived by its various stakeholders;
- The danger of Stakeholder Reputation Risk and pitfalls in dealing with stakeholders;
- Why and How to comply with the King Code 3 of Corporate Governance (Section 8);
- The Principles and Phases of Effective Stakeholder Management;
- Stakeholder Identification, Profiling, Mapping & Research – The identification of key stakeholders inc. how to determine which groups or persons are vital and under which circumstances;
- Identifying stakeholders’ needs, issues and concerns inc. how to deal with the overwhelming demands and expectations of stakeholders;
- Stakeholder assessment, measurement and reporting inc. information collection & database maintenance;
- How to develop an appropriate Stakeholder Management strategy based on relevance and prioritization;
- Stakeholder Engagement: Tools and practical methods for promoting a consistent, open, balanced dialogue and overcoming conflicting agendas, stakeholder listening, feedback & inclusion methods i.e. how to listen to and involve stakeholders in decision making processes and generate trust and improved relationships amongst stakeholders;
- Rules of Engagement : Exploring ways to enhance relationships with various stakeholders – targeting the media(organized and unorganized), employees, customers, suppliers, government and activists;
- Practical engagement, relationship building tactics, tips, communication methods and tools to build and maintain a favorable reputation with stakeholders;
- How to develop a robust stakeholder engagement & communications plan for the institution;
- How to embed Stakeholder & Reputation Management thinking in the culture of an organization;
- International Stakeholder and reputation management best practices from around the Globe;
Book your place on this practical & informative course today by sending either an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 27 011 4753515 or 083 4254318 or downloading the registration form.
This course is ideal for those executives and managers responsible for managing corporate reputation and business relationships as a strategic resource. It will be of particular relevance and use to
- Stakeholder Relations Managers
- Corporate Affairs, Corporate Communication & Public Relations Managers and practitioners
- Marketing, Customer Service, Channel and Supply Chain Managers
- HR & other staff experts responsible for relationship management with stakeholders
- CEO’s, CFO’s, Executives and Managers who are required to handle reputation and stakeholder matters
This is what Previous attendees had to say:
Mr L. J. Mahlangu, Chairperson; Municipal Demarcation Board – The two days we spent on the Stakeholder Reputation course was probably the best investment of my time I have done in many years. The course was extremely useful and the group was great. Thumbs up for the Community of Practice.
Maphefo Anno-Frempong, CEO of TETA – Thanks for making us reflect on the key issues of stakeholder management in the class. It was certainly valuable and spot on. I have been reading a book on the reasons CEOs fail – (they call it derailers) and stakeholder management is the make or break issue in all instances worldwide. I saw my own stakeholder engagements in a different light and I must say it has brought a difference in my own life. It is definite must for most executives.
Seija Tyrninoksa; Country Representative for South Africa; International Federation of Red Cross – Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your inspiring course this week! The dynamism, the opportunities, the emphasis on the importance on careful research, friendly and caring approach for the care of various stakeholders – the summary of the framework you presented for addressing stakeholder management was all very relevant and confirmed my personal believes and practice in the past in relation to our stakeholders with whom we are working in our field.
Hilton Atkinson- Manager, External Stakeholder Relations, Corporate Affairs, Exxaro Resources – I found it very useful. Good to exchange ideas about the topic and important to interact with other players in the field, i.e.. the facilitator and the peers who were on the course. I enjoyed the facilitator’s inputs which makes one re-assess and challenge the status quo in some areas.
The event will be led by international speaker and reputation management consultant Deon Binneman.
Event Pricing Terms and Conditions apply)
- Cash price: R5600 exc. VAT (Claim back fee from your organization and save R2350 for your organization)
- R7950 exc. VAT per delegate (Payable within 5 days of date of invoice)
- R8950 exc. VAT per delegate (Pricing for Organizations whose payment terms exceed 5 days)
- R5900 exc. VAT per delegate – NGO’s and Associations
- R6750 exc. VAT per person for three delegates. Register 3 delegates and the 4th delegate attend free of charge.
Early Bird discounts may be available on promotion. Look out for a promotional Code or offer. The course fee is inclusive of the event proceedings, materials, refreshments and lunches.
How to Register:
Please complete the registration form and Terms and Conditions acceptance and forward it to reputationeducation (at)icon.co.za – Upon the completion and receipt of the registration form a confirmation letter and invoice will be sent.
Payment must be received PRIOR to attendance. Fees include hand-outs, meals, and refreshments, secure parking and benchmark information and top notch facilitation. Payment is due in 5 days unless otherwise arranged. By signing and returning the registration form you are accepting the terms and conditions. (Registration is only confirmed on receipt of payment.)
If you are interested to attend, please note that places are on a first come, first-served reserved basis as only a limited number of participants are accommodated each time. T & C’s apply.
To register: Call 011 475 3515 or e-mail email@example.com for a registration form.