Learn How to Market Your Knowledge, Expertise, and Services
Please Consult the Event Calendar Page for scheduled dates.
Why You Should Attend This Training
The How To Market Your Consulting Practice Masterclass will help you to become a “rainmaker” and help you to market a consulting and professional practice and its professional services and expertise successfully, cost-effectively and elegantly, helping you – saving you time and money.
This constantly updated Masterclass is based on more than 25 years of international and local research among consultants, professional service providers, and takes an in-depth look at what works and doesn’t work in professional services and consulting marketing.
It incorporates the latest thinking on social media networking and inbound marketing and will enable you to strategize and develop a dynamic marketing plan of action for your practice.
Who should attend?
- Independent Consultants;
- Business Practice Development Managers;
- Business Developers;
- Professional Service Providers;
- People who are required to become rainmakers especially freelancers;
- People interested in growing their practices, their thought leadership and improving their knowledge of professional consulting marketing strategies.
What You Will Learn (Outcomes)
You will learn the latest practice building, lead generation, and professional services marketing techniques from the best in the industry and will learn ways to incorporate them into your very own professional practice.
By attending the How to Market Your Professional & Consulting Expertise and Services Masterclass; you’ll learn how to:
- Identify what works and doesn’t work in consulting and professional services marketing;
- Integrate latest techniques and tips gleaned from social media and other professions into your marketing and business development efforts;
- Think like a marketer and spot opportunities to enhance your own brand and sell your services and expertise;
- Develop campaigns and outcomes that you can actually reach;
- Bridge the gap between planning and effective marketing
- Benchmark, hack and/or tweak your existing Business Practice marketing plans
If you are of the opinion that you can always learn better ways to market and sell your professional and consulting expertise and services, then this Masterclass is for you.
What will be covered
Overview of Latest Research – What works and does not work
- 25 Years of Research and its implications – What works and doesn’t work in consulting and professional services marketing
- What the latest research from the international “Visible Expert” report, reveals about marketing professional & consulting services
- The key factors of consulting success – Becoming a Trusted Adviser
- The Importance of Status & Credibility – Why Reputation is your stock in trade
- What it takes to become a Rainmaker – The transition from specialist to Income Producer
- Inbound versus Outbound Marketing
How to Package your Knowledge and Expertise
- How to package and market intangibles such as knowledge, expertise, and services
- The FAB Analysis Model: Features, Advantages, and Benefits
- The Three E’s – Earned the Right, Enthusiasm and Eagerness to Share
Becoming a Magnet and Rainmaker
- The need to become a Rainmaker – The Merriam‑Webster dictionary defines the word “Rainmaker” as a person (as a partner in a law firm for example) who brings in new business; also: a person whose influence can initiate progress or ensure success.
- Becoming a Magnet – How to build your image and reputation to draw clients to you, using techniques incorporating the law of attraction and scientific consulting practice marketing;
- Marketing Differentiation – How to stand out amidst rife competition and marketing noise
- How to position yourself as a thought leader and an expert, build a reputation and create a name for yourself using tools such as reputation, social media, and name recognition strategies
Seed Planting and the Development of an Opportunity Mindset
- The concept and importance of Seed Planting – How to plant seeds now for a harvest in the future
- How to find new opportunities to capitalize on your knowledge, skills, and expertise irrespective of economic circumstances
- How to think like a marketer and spot opportunities to enhance your own brand and sell your services and expertise
- Consulting Marketing Models for Growth
Name Recognition, Reputation & Thought Leadership – Low-Cost Tools for Success
- How to use low cost/free ways of gaining professional exposure and visibility
- How to model successful consultants and author’s marketing methods
- Techniques and Tools including more than 23 ways to promote your name, brand, and services
- How to integrate the latest techniques and tips gleaned from social media and other professions into your marketing efforts
How To Secure An Endless Stream Of Clients
- Buyer Personas – How to identify and profile clients
- How to generate leads using a tried-and-tested system
- he Database Ladder of Loyalty Model
- Old Client Regeneration versus New Client Generation
- Why your current clients are a goldmine and why you should deepen relationships and business with them
- How to get more and better referral business
- How to make networking and relationship building pay
Developing a Written Marketing Plan of Action
- Why written plan of action is key to success
- The what and how of a written marketing plan
- Tools, Techniques, and Tips for writing an effective plan
- How to use Technology in Marketing – From Trello to CRM systems to Slack
- How the Professionals plan a world-class marketing campaign, including the latest Social Media and inbound marketing tips;
- How to price services for maximum profit and income
How to Incorporate and Optimise your Social Media Marketing
- Inbound Marketing inc. Content Generation, Storytelling and Blogging
- How to use Social Media like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to reach influencers thought leaders and stakeholders and position your company, yourself, your expertise and products;
- Why you need to use a Social Media Calendar
Handouts and exercises will get you thoroughly involved in the planning process, creating a fast-paced Masterclass! This is training at which you will learn skills, tips, and nuggets of wisdom that will enable your marketing efforts to become even more impactful.
When and Where
DATE: TBA. Please Consult the Event Calendar Page for scheduled dates.
VENUE: Hotel Apollo Conferencing Centre, 158 Bram Fischer Drive, Ferndale, Johannesburg
TIME: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Fees (Terms and Conditions apply)
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: TBA.
- R3950 excluding VAT per person payable not later than 29 April.
- GROUP OPTION: R2650 excluding VAT per delegate for three delegates or more from the same business unit. Payable within 2 days of registration. Valid until 20 March.
Fees include lunch, refreshments, and documentation.
SEATS ARE LIMITED – BOOK NOW! Bookings will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis, and limited seats are available.
How to Register
- Download the registration form for completion and to secure your seat.
- Please read the terms and conditions acceptance and complete and sign the registration form. Mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon the completion and receipt of the registration form, a confirmation email and tax invoice will be sent.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to attendance. Payment is due within 2 days unless otherwise arranged.
- By signing and returning the registration form you are accepting the terms and conditions. (Registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.)
- Please fax through payment notification to 0866 129 566 or via email to secure attendance.
SEATS ARE LIMITED – BOOK NOW
Why This Masterclass Comes Highly Recommended
Arno Wakfer CA (SA) – Ex-CFO:
I attended a great workshop yesterday hosted by Deon Binneman on how to market your consulting practice. Suggest you attend as it is good value for money taking into account the valuable insights you get from his 19 years of experience. It is not just theory you walk away but with tools, best practice methodologies, and practical examples. I found Deon to be a very pleasant person with a good sense of humor. He has extensive experience and knowledge in his field of reputation risk management and marketing. He is practical in his teaching and you can see that he loves to impart and share his knowledge with his audience. He is one of those guys that has a personal story for every lesson. Having met Deon and knowing his reputation I would highly recommend his services. I would most definitely attend his future courses as they are good value for money and would gladly work with him if the opportunity arose.
Kay Darbourn, Future Risk Coaching, and Consulting:
Deon – many thanks for the workshop and for your “giving” – greatly appreciated
Kenny Moahi, NDip. (Civil) │DIRECTOR – ARQ:
Thank you so much for the exciting and engaging seminar on Friday
Heron van der Westhuizen. MDCC:
Lasting relationships were made in a time frame of only a few hours. Deon your skill of setting the environment for this to happen, is, in my opinion, priceless, well done
Corrie Mulder, Organisation Renewal Agency:
Deon, Just to thank you for the delightful, informative and pleasant program. I enjoyed the interaction and am implementing like hell. I will keep in contact and will be taking you up on some of the offers and ideas in the class, but for now, I will first do what I can and then refine and ask.
Kathleen Henry Marketing Manager:
I attended Deon Binneman’s ‘Market your Practice’ course and found it a fantastic experience. It was very stimulating and interesting to learn from all the other delegates and to have healthy and intelligent discussions on various issues with marketing and PR. I have a formal background in PR and Marketing and learned some great new techniques and ideas from Deon. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn some excellent tips on how to market your business in this new economy. Deon – Thanks again for a great course!
Kobus Hanekom, head of Sanlam’s Employee Benefits Consulting unit:
“Deon, I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop on “Marketing your Practice”. We have learned a lot and have been able to adjust our plans and strategies based on fresh information that you have provided us with. Many thanks.
Heidi Nestler, Relationship and Life Quality Consultant:
Thank you again for a stimulating and inspiring day workshop. What I liked best about the workshop: Your generosity and enthusiasm much appreciated. Useful input that I could use or adapt to my own practice needs. Affirmation of what I already do, and encouragement to try new “tricks” or establish good habits. Useful terminology and mind-shifts, an affirmation of the idea of helping people without implying “welfare” or weakness. Experiential “thinking” exercise sheets very helpful. Venue very comfortable, and easily accessible for me from Sandton
Ashley Truscott – Head of Marketing at BDO South Africa:
Early in 2011, I attended a course of Deon’s on “How to marketing your consulting practice”. He presented some interesting and valuable ideas, many of which I have implemented for my own consultancy – with good results. The one day course was interactive and informative and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who runs their own small professional consultancy and who needs to raise their profile in order to grow their business.
Dr. Renate Volpe:
“Thanks for the workshop. I enjoyed it. Did the work I came to do – the Main benefit was to get running time out of existing initiatives in the company and confirming my strong relationship bent. I strongly identify with your business philosophy of collaboration and abundance“.
Dalu Cele – Managing Director at Ndosi Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd:
Deon is an exceptional trainer, speaker and reputation specialist, I gained extensive information and understanding through my interaction with him during the Marketing Your Consulting business workshop. I would recommend Deon to any business that wants to advance its own stakeholder management and reputation
Leanne Pinnock – The IQ Business Group:
I found the course very insightful. For me, one of the greatest benefits I received was to interact with others in similar positions, facing similar challenges, facilitated by an expert. Where else can you get that? Certainly not at a marketing conference or exhibition, not in a lecture situation nor through online forums (people are concerned about confidentiality). This is one area where I think you could potentially market the course. Thanks for a great session.
Magda Naude, Communication Consultant (Then Head: Corporate Communication, SA Medical Association):
The workshop was great and I feel quite inspired! It was nice meeting you all and hearing your ideas and experiences. The workshop exceeded my expectations. I hope to customize all the tips and ideas into my own venture.
Petra Krugel, Business Development Manager, Turner & Townsend:
Thanks for a very informative course. When you’re constantly working in marketing you tend to get into a routine and sometimes you need a ‘refresher’ to refocus on getting the best results. A few times during the day I got the feeling that I needed to kick myself for having lost direction. I loved your analogy of the funnel – Wendy Evans called it the barge approach and uses the 90-day call cycle. I know it works, yet I stopped doing it. I started it again this morning, and it was so easy to make those few calls. I will be presenting this to our sector leaders and I hope I can do justice to your course.
Nicci Columbine -Communications Consultant:
Dear Deon, Just a note to express how beneficial I found your workshop on Marketing your Consulting Practice today. Not only was it very professional, but it was the most comprehensive event of its kind that I have attended. The topics covered virtually every aspect and application that a consulting service provider should consider ensuring that their business is effectively positioned and promoted within its relevant spheres of influence. I particularly found the anecdotes and case studies that you shared with us helped us to contextualize the learning and relate to the challenges that I have encountered in my own business development.
Food for Thought
Anthony Robbins in his book “Unlimited Power” speaks of the concept of modeling i.e.” To become successful, you need to model yourself on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of successful people…By role modeling them you can shorten the very expensive learning curve and become successful far quicker yourself. Researchers in systems thinking speak again about leverage points – those small, well-focused actions that can, when used at the right time and in the right place, produce significant, lasting benefits exponentially beyond the effort required to take the action step itself.
In the book “High Income Consulting” by Tom Lambert, the author has the following to say: “The so-called window of opportunity is open only briefly as an organization’s priorities change. When a potential client recognizes the need for services that you supply, yours must be the name they know. Your marketing, therefore, must be CONSISTENT and INDIRECT, aimed specifically at making you well known to ALL your prospective clients”.
Marketing by definition is a system implying that it should cover all of the above. You have to find methods that will work for you in the long term and in the short term, using vehicles ranging from public speaking engagements to suitable audiences to being listed in directories.
Join us for an interesting dynamic learning experience. Remember that even small changes can affect your marketing and reputation building efforts in a powerful manner.