Why you should attend this workshop
The How To Market Your Consulting Practice workshop – Learn How to Market Your Consulting Practice, Knowledge and Expertise workshop is tailor-made for independent consultants, business development managers, thought leaders, influencers, service providers, and people interested in improving their knowledge of professional consulting marketing strategies.
This workshop will help you to become a “rainmaker” and help you to market your practice, professional services, and expertise successfully, cost-effectively and elegantly, helping you – saving you time and money.
This constantly updated workshop is based on more than 25 years of international and local research amongst consultants, professional service providers, rainmakers and business development managers, and takes an in-depth look at what works and doesn’t work in professional services and consulting marketing.
It incorporates the latest thinking on social media networking and inbound marketing and will enable you to strategise and develop a dynamic marketing plan of action for your practice.
- “Rainmaker” – The Merriam‑Webster dictionary defines the word “Rainmaker” as a person (as a partner in a law firm for example) who brings in new business; also: a person whose influence can initiate progress or ensure success.
Who should attend
This is a workshop for independent consultants, business practice development managers; professional service providers and people interested in growing their practices and improving their knowledge of professional consulting marketing strategies. This workshop is ideal for anyone who requires gaining knowledge of practical do it yourself “rain-making” techniques.
What you will learn
If you are of the opinion that you can always learn better ways to market and sell your professional and consulting expertise and services, then this workshop is for you. If you are trying to benchmark, hack or tweak your Business Practice marketing plans and see if you are on the right track then this workshop is definitely for you.
You will learn the latest practice building, lead generation and professional services marketing techniques from the best in the industry and will learn ways to incorporate them into your very own professional practice.
By attending the How to Market Your Professional & Consulting Expertise and Services workshop; you’ll learn how to:
- Identify what works and doesn’t work in consulting and professional services marketing;
- Integrate latest techniques and tips gleaned from social media and other professions into your marketing and business development efforts;
- Think like a marketer and spot opportunities to enhance your own brand and sell your services and expertise;
- Develop campaigns and outcomes that you can actually reach;
- Bridge the gap between planning and effective marketing
The workshop covers amongst many tips and hints, the following topics:
Topic 1 – Overview of Research – What works and does not work
- 25 Years of Research and its implications – What works and doesn’t work in consulting and professional services marketing
- What the latest research from the international “Visible Expert” report, reveals about marketing professional & consulting services
- The key factors of consulting success – Becoming a Trusted Adviser
- The Importance of Status & Credibility – Why Reputation is your stock in trade
- What it takes to become a Rainmaker – The transition from specialist to Income Producer
- Inbound versus Outbound Marketing
Topic 2 – How to Package your Knowledge and Expertise
- How to package and market intangibles such as knowledge, expertise and services
- The FAB Analysis Model: Features, Advantages and Benefits
- The Three E’s – Earned the Right, Enthusiasm and Eagerness to Share
Topic 3 – Becoming a Magnet
- Becoming a Magnet – How to build your image and reputation to draw clients to you, using techniques incorporating the law of attraction and scientific consulting practice marketing;
- Marketing Differentiation – How to stand out amidst rife competition and marketing noise
- How to position yourself as a thought leader and an expert, build a reputation and create a name for yourself using tools such as reputation, social media and name recognition strategies
Topic 4 – Seed Planting and the Development of an Opportunity Mindset
- The concept and importance of Seed Planting – How to plant seeds now for a harvest in the future
- How to find new opportunities to capitalize on your knowledge, skills and expertise irrespective of economic circumstances
- How to think like a marketer and spot opportunities to enhance your own brand and sell your services and expertise
- Consulting Marketing Models for Growth
Topic 5 – Name Recognition, Reputation & Thought Leadership – Low-Cost Tools for Success
- How to use low cost/free ways of gaining professional exposure and visibility
- How to model successful consultants and author’s marketing methods
- Techniques and Tools including more than 23 ways to promote your name, brand and services
- How to integrate latest techniques and tips gleaned from social media and other professions into your marketing efforts
Topic 6 – Lead Generation
- Buyer Personas – How to identify and profile clients
- How to generate leads using a tried-and -tested system
- Why your current clients are a goldmine and why you should deepen relationships and business with them
- The Database Ladder of Loyalty Model
- Old Client Regeneration versus New Client Generation
- How to get more and better referral business
- How to make networking and relationship building pay
Topic 7 – Developing a Written Marketing Plan of Action
- Why written plan of action is key to success
- The what and how of a written marketing plan
- Tools, Techniques and Tips for writing an effective plan
- How to use Technology in Marketing – From Trello to CRM systems to Slack
- How the Professionals plan a world-class marketing campaign, including the latest Social Media and inbound marketing tips;
- How to price services for maximum profit and income
Topic 8 – How to Optimise your Social Media Marketing
- Inbound Marketing inc. Content Generation, Storytelling and Blogging
- How to use Social Media like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to reach influencers, thought leaders and stakeholders and position your company, yourself, your expertise and products;
- Why you need to use a Social Media Calendar
Handouts and exercises will get you thoroughly involved in the planning process, creating a fast-paced seminar! A seminar at which you will learn skills, tips and nuggets of wisdom that will enable your marketing efforts to become even more impactful.
If you are of the opinion that you can always learn better ways to do things, then this seminar is for you. If you are trying to benchmark, hack or tweak your plans and see if you are on the right track then this seminar is definitely for you.
And, best of all, you’ll get to engage with other successful consultants, your peers and share your own marketing and selling approach.
When and Where
DATE: 9 November 2018. Also access the Training Calendar Page for new dates and venues.
VENUE: Hotel Apollo Conferencing Centre, 158 Bram Fischer Drive, Ferndale, Johannesburg
TIME: 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
Come and join us for a worthwhile learning experience, network with your peers and benchmark and tweak your reputation building and marketing plans.
Payment (Terms and Conditions apply)
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: R2150 exc. VAT = R2472.50 inclusive – payable by latest Saturday 13 October.
- R 2950 exc. VAT= R 3392.50 VAT inclusive payable not later than Tuesday 6 November.
- R 2550 exc. VAT = R 2932.50 VAT inclusive per delegate for three delegates or more from the same business unit
Fees include lunch, refreshments and documentation. Final bookings and payments close Tuesday 6th November 2018.
How to Register
- Download a registration form for completion and to secure your seat.
- Please complete the registration form and Terms and Conditions acceptance and forward it to email@example.com
- Upon the completion and receipt of the registration form, a confirmation letter and tax invoice will be sent.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to attendance. Payment is due within 2 days unless otherwise arranged.
- By signing and returning the registration form you are accepting the terms and conditions. (Registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.)
- Please fax through payment notification to 0866 129 566 or via email to secure attendance.
If you are interested in attending, please note that places are on a first come, first-served reserved basis as only a limited number of participants are accommodated each time.
To register: Call 011 475 3515 or e-mail for a registration form or register now by downloading the registration form.
SEATS ARE LIMITED –BOOK NOW
Bookings will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis, as limited seats are available.
Food for Thought
Anthony Robbins in his book “Unlimited Power” speaks of the concept of modelling i.e.” To become successful, you need to model yourself on the knowledge, skills and attitudes of successful people…By role modelling them you can shorten the very expensive learning curve and become successful far quicker yourself. Researchers in systems thinking speak again about leverage points – those small, well-focused actions that can, when used at the right time and in the right place, produce significant, lasting benefits exponentially beyond the effort required to take the action step itself.
In the book “High Income Consulting” by Tom Lambert, the author has the following to say: “The so – called window of opportunity is open only briefly as an organisation’s priorities change. When a potential client recognises the need for services which you supply, yours must be the name they know. Your marketing, therefore, must be CONSISTENT and INDIRECT, aimed specifically at making you well known to ALL your prospective clients”.
Marketing by definition is a system implying that it should cover all of the above. You have to find methods that will work for you in the long term and in the short term, using vehicles ranging from public speaking engagements to suitable audiences to being listed in directories.
Join us for an interesting dynamic learning experience. Remember that even small changes can affect your marketing and reputation building efforts in a powerful manner.
Why Previous Attendees Highly Recommend This Seminar
A lovely insightful workshop which highlighted a lot on what I can do to change our strategy moving forward. Bernadette Ogilvie, Corporate Training Manager, Lifeline Johannesburg.
Many thanks again for the matter, insight, knowledge and interaction. An Eye opener, insightful, usefull course. Rachel Botha, Workshops Manager, Workinfo.com
We learnt a lot – and we will refocus our mindsets to be of more value – The Snaptech team
I attended a great workshop yesterday hosted by Deon Binneman on how to market your consulting practice. Suggest you attend as it is good value for money taking into account the valuable insights you get from his 19 years of experience. It is not just theory you walk away but with tools, best practice methodologies and practical examples. I found Deon to be a very pleasant person with a good sense of humour. He has extensive experience and knowledge in his field of reputation risk management and marketing. He is practical in his teaching and you can see that he loves to impart and share his knowledge with his audience. He is one of those guys that has a personal story for every lesson. Having met Deon and knowing his reputation I would highly recommend his services. I would most definitely attend his future courses as they are good value for money and would gladly work with him if the opportunity arose. Arno Wakfer CA (SA) – Ex-CFO
Deon – many thanks for the workshop and for your “giving” – greatly appreciated – Kay Darbourn, Future Risk Coaching and Consulting.
Thank you so much for the exciting and engaging seminar on Friday – Kenny Moahi, NDip. (Civil) │DIRECTOR – ARQ
Lasting relationships were made in a time frame of only a few hours. Deon your skill of setting the environment for this to happen, is in my opinion priceless, well done – Heron van der Westhuizen. MDCC
Deon, Just to thank you for the delightful, informative and pleasant program. I enjoyed the interaction and am implementing like hell. I will keep contact and will be taking you up on some of the offers and ideas in the class, but for now, I will first do what I can and then refine and ask. – Corrie Mulder, Organisation Renewal Agency.
I attended Deon Binneman’s ‘Market your Practice’ course and found it a fantastic experience. It was very stimulating and interesting to learn from all the other delegates and to have healthy and intelligent discussions on various issues with marketing and PR. I have a formal background in PR and Marketing and learnt some great new techniques and ideas from Deon. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn some excellent tips on how to market your business in this new economy. Deon – thanks again for a great course! – Kathleen Henry Marketing Manager.
“Deon, I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop on “Marketing your Practice”. We have learnt a lot and have been able to adjust our plans and strategies based on fresh information that you have provided us with. Many thanks. Kobus Hanekom, head of Sanlam’s Employee Benefits Consulting unit.
Thank you again for a stimulating and inspiring day workshop. What I liked best about the workshop: Your generosity and enthusiasm much appreciated. Useful input that I could use or adapt to my own practice needs. Affirmation of what I already do, and encouragement to try new “tricks” or establish good habits. Useful terminology and mind-shifts, affirmation of the idea of helping people without implying “welfare” or weakness. Experiential “thinking” exercise sheets very helpful. Venue very comfortable, and easily accessible for me from Sandton – Heidi Nestler, Relationship and Life Quality Consultant.
Early in 2011, I attended a course of Deon’s on “How to marketing your consulting practice”. He presented some interesting and valuable ideas, many of which I have implemented for my own consultancy – with good results. The one day course was interactive and informative and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who runs their own small professional consultancy and who needs to raise their profile in order to grow their business – Ashley Truscott – Head of Marketing at BDO South Africa.
“Thanks for the workshop. I enjoyed it. Did the work I came to do – the Main benefit was to get running time out of existing initiatives in the company and confirming my strong relationship bent. I strongly identify with your business philosophy of collaboration and abundance“. – Dr Renate Volpe.
Deon is an exceptional trainer, speaker and reputation specialist, I gained extensive information and understanding through my interaction with him during the Marketing Your Consulting business workshop. I would recommend Deon to any business that wants to advance its own stakeholder management and reputation – Dalu Cele – Managing Director at Ndosi Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd.
I found the course very insightful. For me, one of the greatest benefits I received was to interact with others in similar positions, facing similar challenges, facilitated by an expert. Where else can you get that? Certainly not at a marketing conference or exhibition, not in a lecture situation nor through online forums (people are concerned about confidentiality). This is one area where I think you could potentially market the course. Thanks for a great session. Leanne Pinnock – The IQ Business Group
The workshop was great and I feel quite inspired! It was nice meeting you all and hearing your ideas and experiences. The workshop exceeded my expectations. I hope to customise all the tips and ideas into my own venture. – Magda Naude, Communication Consultant (Then Head: Corporate Communication, SA Medical Association)
Futho Hoohlo, Electrical engineer: I wish to thank you for a very informative and well-run workshop. I also wish to thank everyone for sharing freely their experiences; it has really sown some seeds and rekindled some ideas and actions which are long overdue. I hope this is the beginning of relationships that will see us all grow to become very successful in our consultancies.
Many thanks for you interesting workshop. It was an excellent experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Your presentation was stimulating and provided plenty of good ideas and much food for thought. Interacting with the other participants was extremely valuable and has provided some useful contacts. – Dr Michael Glencross, Head, School of Business, Bond University, SA
Thanks for a very informative course. When you’re constantly working in marketing you tend to get into a routine and sometimes you need a ‘refresher’ to refocus on getting the best results. A few times during the day I got the feeling that I needed to kick myself for having lost direction. I loved your analogy of the funnel – Wendy Evans called it the barge approach and uses the 90-day call cycle. I know it works, yet I stopped doing it. I started it again this morning, and it was so easy to make those few calls. I will be presenting this to our sector leaders and I hope I can do justice to your course. – Petra Krugel, Business Development Manager, Turner & Townsend
“Thank you for a simple, practical and effective workshop. While I practised a lot of the marketing techniques instinctively, you succeeded in showing me that “instinct” is not as important as “constant”. You raised the awareness that marketing is an ongoing activity, as important as delivering quality work every time and sending out invoices on time. The funnel visual is imprinted on my brain and I am already working on plans to keep it full of marketing impact so that the work keeps trickling in. – Ingrid Staude-Griesel, Managing Member: Words’Worth Publishing Consultants
Nicci Columbine -Communications Consultant: Dear Deon, Just a note to express how beneficial I found your workshop on Marketing your Consulting Practice today. Not only was it very professional, but it was the most comprehensive event of its kind that I have attended. The topics covered virtually every aspect and application that a consulting service provider should consider to ensure that their business is effectively positioned and promoted within its relevant spheres of influence. I particularly found the anecdotes and case studies that you shared with us helped us to contextualise the learning and relate to the challenges that I have encountered in my own businesses development.