My name is Deon Binneman and I am a sought-after keynote speaker, facilitator & trainer who delivers engaging, interactive and intensely practical sessions that show organizations and business leaders why reputation is their greatest asset and most dangerous risk.
I speak, train and facilitate sessions on any aspect that can positively or negatively impact an organization’s reputation.
I am an educator, someone who educates Board members, executives and managers about reputation & crisis management issues, strategic communications, and stakeholder management insights. My ideas help companies to build, protect against reputation risk and repair damaged reputations.
My presentation style has been described as being vibrant, humor-laden, energetic and business focused.
My peers consider me among the most influential thought leaders on the management of corporate reputation with stakeholders and the mitigation of reputation risk. I have an ability to communicate reputation and crisis issues into language that non-experts can easily understand. Whether it is about the value of reputation, or what damages it to how to respond to a crisis that can destroy the reputation of an institution, I stimulate audiences with my hard-hitting and entertaining messages.
My presentations are based on 30 years of consulting, 16 of it in private practice, and working with companies and audiences in 15 countries. I love music, reading and interacting in stimulating conversations, and traveling to destinations where I have never been before.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN WORKING WITH ME
- I work with organizers, meeting and other professionals to deliver on the outcome they want. I have worked with a variety of organizers the past 16 years and my reputation speaks for itself.
- All my presentations are based on up to date research and can be tweaked to include relevant industry and organizational concerns. It is vital to provide me with necessary information about your goals and problems so that I can weave them into my presentations.
- I can assist sales teams with help in the form of knowledge and can also use my own resources such as my blog and newsletter to promote your event.
- Due to the high number of speaking requests and my hectic travel schedule, it is advisable to contact me as early as possible.
- Once a contract has been negotiated, I will expect 50% upfront payment with the balance to be settled either COD or up to 3 days after the event, unless otherwise negotiated.
I have addressed and worked with business audiences in 15 countries. A Small selection:
- I have facilitated my own seminars in Johannesburg, Sydney, Beijing, Singapore & Kuala Lumpur
- South Africa Compliance Institute Conferences and Forum Meetings – Workshops & Keynotes (3 times)
- I spoke at the Global Conference of the Institute of Internal Auditors, held in South Africa for the 1st time
- I spoke at the Amsterdam TBLI – The world’s largest conference on Sustainable investing
- Southern African Institute of Internal Auditors Annual Conferences (invited back 3 times)
- Terrapin Enterprise Wide Risk Management Conference
- Multichoice PR Manager Conference for Africa
- I facilitated a Crisis Communication Management workshop in Beijing, China
- Strategic Employee Stakeholder Management programs – Malaysia
- I have spoken and facilitated workshops at several private corporate events – For Banks, Electricity Providers, Nuclear, Oil Industry and several Government departments
- From an academic perspective, I have presented and taught courses on Crisis Management at the Graduate School of Business (University of Cape Town) and have facilitated sessions on Consulting and Entrepreneurship at the University of Johannesburg as well as Monash University.
Satisfied audiences include: Engen Petroleum, Standard Bank, ABSA, Marcus Evans Singapore, Marcus Evans China, Marcus Evans Australia, Trueventus Malaysia, Santam, Vedanta Resources, The Risk Management Institute, numerous Government Departments, Eskom and many, many more…
SOME FEEDBACK FROM CLIENTS & PARTICIPANTS
- Ellen Chan, Senior Producer, Marcus Evans, Asia. “I have enjoyed working with Deon. He is a great trainer and expert in crisis and reputation management. He recently did a public training for me in the China market, all I received is excellent feedback from all the attendees.”
- Lézel Kraamwinkel. Risk, Legal & Collections. Momentum Group Limited. Deon, I just want to compliment you- I enjoyed your presentation very much and you are an excellent speaker. Thank you for making it interesting.
- Macneil Ncube, Project Manager (Public Relations and Corporate Communication Conference). On behalf of Global Prospectus, I would like to thank you so much for participating at our conference as a Speaker. Your role will continue to be commended as you set yourself out and gave out the best presentation above expectations. This event will not have been a success without your contribution and to that we are forever indebted.
- Ria Loubser, SAIMAS vice Executive President & Conference Organizer. You, received the highest rating, congratulations!! – SAIMAS Conference, 22 October 2010.
- Lindy Bedborough, Marketing Director, Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA). Thank you so much once again for your excellent presentation at the ISMA conference. The delegates rated your talk highly as you provided food for thought and left them inspired.I appreciate your time and energy at the conference.
Read the other rave reviews of others who have heard, seen or experienced him in action.
For information on how to engage Deon for a public or in-house speaking engagement, please send an e-mail to deonbin (at) icon.co.za