My name is Deon. Some call me the Reputation Go-to Guy.
I am an international Keynote speaker, Professional Training Facilitator and Adviser with superb platform skills.
For the past 22 years I have wowed audiences in 17 countries with hard-hitting, well researched, topical, entertaining messages and insights on business and personal reputation.
I have assisted and advised companies and individuals to build, sustain and protect their reputations since 1996.
I advise on all things reputation whether country, city, industry, profession, corporate or business or individual focused. My focus is to to challenge and educate management teams on why Reputation is their most important asset and yet, most dangerous risk.
My focus include reputation management & leadership training, the training of Boards and Executives on how to manage crises, issues, corporate responsibility and stakeholder matters as well as the training of Business Development managers and Consulting Practice owners on how to market their professional and consulting services.
I have been fortunate to serve numerous clients in all industries of the private and public sector in 17 countries the past 22 years. A large part of my work includes the facilitation of Reputation, Communication and Crises Management related training, chairing meetings, conferences and being a keynote speaker and facilitator at management conferences and in-house strategic events.
- 22 years Independent Keynote Speaker and Facilitator on Reputation Management, Reputation Risk Mitigation, Crisis Leadership, OD (Organizational Behavior) & Reputation Protection Matters.
- One of only four invited keynote speakers at the BCI 2017, the world’s largest conference on Business Continuity held in London. Have spoken at more than a 125 conferences in 17 countries.
- Experienced Management Development Consultant and Trainer with OD diverse consulting assignment experience.
- Experienced Strategic Crisis Counselor & Communication Adviser. Adviser to Census 2011 and clients at the World Cup Soccer tournament. Have trained management teams in crisis and issues management in countries such as China, Australia, Malaysia and Southern Africa.
- Professional Trainer in Stakeholder Reputation Risk & Relationship Management since 2005.
- 7 years military Medical Services experience coupled with 20 years of training Executives and Health & Safety representatives in OHASA matters. SAMTRAC & ITIS qualified.
- Qualified in Public Relations, Occupational Health & Safety, Corporate Governance, Social Media Marketing and related disciplines. A Firm believer in ongoing learning – has completed more than 55 short training courses.
- Professional Services, Business Development & Consultancy Marketing trainer for the past 22 years facilitating a program called “How to Market your Consulting Practice”. Featured in the Prentice Hall’s The Advice Business: Essential Tools and Models for Management Consulting.
- Featured in numerous international and local publications as an expert on Reputation Risk. Have spoken about and facilitated sessions on Reputation Risk at the Global Conference of the Institute of Internal Auditors and numerous local conferences of the IIA as well as those of the Compliance Institute of Southern Africa.
What I bring to the table:
Superb Platform Skills- I have spoken and facilitated at more than a 125 events in 17 countries the past 22 years, addressing audiences about Reputation related matters. I have spoken and added value at events such as the Global and Southern African Institute of Internal Auditors annual conferences on four occasions, four times at the Compliance Institute’s Annual Conference – asked back by popular demand – mostly on Reputation Risk. Organizers rate my services highly and I am is renowned for working with my clients to achieve favorable outcomes. See testimonials.
Extensive Management Training, Lecturing and Facilitation Experience – I facilitate a wide range of my own training seminars, courses and workshops covering subjects such as Managing Reputation, Mitigating Reputation Risk, Stakeholder Reputation Management, Crisis Leadership and Issues management, Social Media Marketing as well as Professional Services Marketing. I have facilitated courses for clients in 17 countries and have facilitated on selected Senior Management Development programs at the GIBS – The Gordon Institute of Business Science on subjects such as Stakeholder & Relationship Management. I have trained more than 800 executives in Stakeholder Reputation Management since 2006 and have facilitated Health & Safety training for more than 19 years on behalf of Scott-Safe, an ISO 9001:2008 OHASA Compliance company, training managers in Health & Safety related matters.
Multiskilled Knowledge – I am multiskilled, a life-long learner, a voracious reader and a graduate of Henley Management College (UK) and the Graduate Institute of Management and Technology and the Nelson Mandela University and hold qualifications in Public Relations, Strategic Management, Strategic Human Resources Management, Occupational Health and Safety and Governance, Risk and Ethics. I have attended and completed more than fifty short courses ranging from NLP to critical thinking subjects and pride myself on my uncanny ability to stay up to date and informed about latest issues and developments.
Extensive Reputation and Crisis Management Consulting Experience– I have provided advice the past 20 years on a wide range of corporate reputation and crisis management matters inc. life safety crises, recalls, reputation risk and stakeholder issues including:
- Providing Strategic Advice to Statistics SA during the 2011 South African Census (The count of more than 53 million citizens) before, during and after the project;
- Providing Strategic Advice and crisis plan simulation training for ATNS – Air Traffic Navigation Services during the Soccer World Cup – which was SA’s biggest sporting tournament to date (same scale as the Olympics);
- Providing Strategic Advice to SA’s largest telecommunications company Vodacom on how to develop and embed a reputation risk profile dimension into their Enterprise Wide Risk Management system
- Providing continuous input into the management of Life Safety crises- consulting to Scott-Safe
Thought Leadership – Since 1977, I have had many articles published in trade, business and consumer publications and on websites; some of these with a focus on public relations or other professional topics, while others address topical issues of the day. I have written a chapter on Consultancy Marketing published by Prentice Hall in Professor Charles Fombrun and Mark D. Nevins book – The Advice Business: Essential Tools and Models for Management Consulting and I am the editor of my own newsletter, Powerlines – a Newsletter on Strategic Reputation insights which is read by more than 16, 000 international and local readers.
My Past – Prior to my solo career, I worked as an Organizational Development Consultant and as a Corporate Affairs and Training Adviser to small businesses. I served in the South African Medical Services (Armed Forces) as a medical instructor and management support staff member at a variety of locations, including the Institute for Aviation Medicine.
To contact me – I am easy to get in touch with. Email me at email@example.com, call me on 27 011 4753515 or Mobile +27 0834254318, Tweet me on @deonbinneman or Skype me – deonbin, or connect with me via various social networks.
I look forward in helping and sharing learning experiences with you.